Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blueberry Picking

My sister, Christy, called a while back (that's how behind I am in blogging...) and asked if we wanted to go blueberry picking with her. We had a free day, so off we went!

It was seriously hot that day and the plants are shorter than they have been before, so we didn't have much shade at all and there were bees everywhere. But, the kids had a great time picking and we had lots of talks about how the bees won't chase you so just leave them alone, etc.

Josh picking--it was quite bright out!


Julia and Christy. Not the best picture of Julia, but it was the only one I got...


Some goofy kid at the blueberry patch... Not sure who he belonged to... *grin*


Randall showing off some of his few blueberries in his basket. He kept eating his, which isn't a problem, but he said he couldn't stop himself, so he started putting his blueberries in my basket so he wouldn't eat them.


We both got 5 pounds, I think, and some local honey, too.


On the way home, we passed a vegetable stand, so we stopped and I bought the most delicious and biggest canteloupe I've ever had. I also got some perfect peaches and a big, juicy watermelon.

All in all, a very successful morning!

0 comments: