I was supposed to help out at Russell's school this morning while the First Grade teachers did some testing. I should have been there from 8:30 until 10:45. I didn't remember until 10. I can't believe I forgot! I hate that. I felt absolutely sick to my stomach when I realized I had missed it. I enjoyed a quiet morning home with Randall and enjoyed my supposed day of no happenings...
Grrr.
I wrote a note to Russ' teacher and offered to come another day next week when they do their testing. We'll see if she trusts me enough to offer me another slot... :-)
Something I didn't forget, however, was to go get a pedicure. Not because it was more important! I keep saying I'm going to go get one and so I keep putting off doing it myself.
Randall came, too. He was quite curious about everything the guy was doing. "Why is the water blue?" "Why is your leg shiny?" (lotion and oil massage) On and on he went. He had a blast watching everything. He did great the whole time. He had brought two small toys to keep him occupied, but he didn't even play with them because he just wanted to watch everything. I had to tell him a few times not to lean in so close to the guy working. He was practically leaning over his shoulder to see. Maybe someday, his wife will be glad that he thinks pedicures are worth the money. :-)
This afternoon, I was reading with Randall and I was literally falling asleep while I read. I made an executive decision and decided we needed some snuggle time on the couch. We were both asleep within 5 minutes.
Russ' first question when I picked him up was, "Do you have my present wrapped and on the piano?" Oops. Nope, forgot that, too! So, while he practiced I wrapped his gift. At least I didn't forget to get one!
He did a great job practicing and was very excited to find out what he got. I found the Hot Wheels car at Target for $1 or so. Originally over $5--who pays that much for a car that makes loud noises and doesn't have an off switch?
I began getting dinner ready. I wanted to make chicken and dumplings because Slade's mom makes the best I've ever eaten and she had given me her recipe for her dumplings. However, there is more to chicken and dumplings than the dumplings. I spent about 20 minutes looking for an easy recipe for the chicken and "gravy" part. Then I realized I didn't have one ingredient I needed. I had bought it, but then used it for a different recipe.
So, we ran to Super 1. Then when we got home, I couldn't find the recipe card for Peggy's dumplings! Grrr. I was so frustrated with all the time I'd wasted, that I decided we would just have to go out. Then, strangely enough, I found it when I wasn't even looking for it.
So, we had chicken and dumplings (not nearly as good as Peggy's though) and I used some of the extra dough to make some cinnamon rolls (cinnamon biscuits, really, I guess). They were very yummy! Thick like biscuits, instead of fluffy like rolls. Very good.
After dinner, we all headed to the AT&T store to look at phones. Both Slade and I get to get new phones when we sign our next contract and we wanted to feel them before we ordered.
After that, we surprised the boys with a trip to Baskin-Robbins. We ate our ice cream on the way home because it's just too cold in the store to eat ice cream!
There was still time for a little bike riding when we finished our ice creams. Rand and Slade like to run and Russ and I rode our bikes. I just got a bike from Academy last week (after saying I wanted to for a while). I feel a little like a dork on it, but I enjoy riding with Russ. He's very competitive and always wants to race. I keep him humble. :-) Soon, he'll be keeping me humble, though, I'm sure!
Then Russ had to do some reading and it was off to bed. Whew! A good day!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment