I have been very, very proud of him for doing so well. I don't know if he's doing better intentionally or if he just feels like his songs are easy enough these last few rounds to practice without screaming, but I am enjoying practice times more. I often even leave the room and carry on with whatever I might need to do while he practices.
Here he is practicing for his 10th time, with his present sitting on the piano. Randall picked out the wrapping paper. He wanted green because the toy inside has a lot of green on it.
Russell doesn't seem to notice the coordinating paper and present...
Oh, a car that plays cool music when you "drive" it...
Can't you tell how excited he is...
After a few minutes of playing with the car, he asked if there was a way to turn the music off. It is kinda loud and it doesn't play a complete song, but the little tune starts over every time you move the car. He felt like he couldn't just drive it around because you had the starting and stopping of the music. I can understand how that would be irritating (for everyone involved), so I agreed to take out the batteries.
I thank God for small blessings when piano practice goes smoothly and no one ends up crying.

4 comments:
I love the last picture of him. Looks like a very familiar pose from our house.
OH the memories of piano lessons....do you record him playing? My teacher did all the years I played...fun to hear the change as time goes by!
PTL, peaceful piano practice!
Was that alliteration or what!?! *smile*
What a blessing that he was annoyed by the car too. . . I'm sure mine would have ignored it and kept playing annoying everyone else! *wink*
Keep up the good work Russell!
Post a Comment