I leave soon for my first of 5 craft shows over the next 3 months. I sold at Gladewater's craft show last year with Allison, when she was closing out her beading business and needed some filler stuff to make her tables look fuller. It was a very successful show and Gladewater really comes out to support the area vendors.
Today, Mommy Lion is coming with me. She came last year to ChickFest in Pittsburg and was so sweet to offer to come again. But, it turned out that ChickFest and the Gladewater one were on the same weekend, so she's joining me in Gladewater instead. I'm so glad I'll have someone to help with setting up the 10x10 canopy! It's tricky!
Then tomorrow, my mom will be joining me after she gets out of church. I'm so excited! We've talked about her wanting to come sometime and I'm so glad she'll be able to hang out with me this time.
It's nice to have a girlfriend there, not only to help with set up or take down, but to chat with. It's awkward when you're sitting alone and someone is looking at your stuff because you don't want to just stare at them while they browse. :-) Plus, if I need to go get lunch or use the bathroom, it's easier to have someone at the booth that knows my stuff instead of a next-door booth person who is really too busy with their own booth.
I'm very excited! I love craft shows, really whether I'm in them or not, but I think I love them more when I get to sell in them. It just makes my day when someone likes something I've made enough to pay money for it. :-)
And, of course, I plan on walking around and doing some shopping myself, too! I love handmade stuff.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I had a blast! I'll go with you to any show . . . I love the food, the stuff, the food, the people watching, the chatting, did I mention the food! *wink*
But I guess I'll share you with your mom . . . *smile*
Post a Comment