Friday, May 02, 2008

Wish you were here...

Actually, I wish *I* wasn't here. Well, I wish I was planning to not be here. I mean, I wish I were planning and packing and getting ready to leave here. Hmmm, have I confused you? 'Cause I've confused me, too.

What I mean to say is that a group of my friends are, at this very moment, all happily packing and preparing for a scrapbook weekend in Dallas. I am not. I am blogging and thinking about the load of towels I should go fold, since I don't have anything else to do right now. Wah.

The past month and a half have been pretty busy and about a month ago, when Slade and I were talking about future weekends, he said, "We seem to be pretty busy and it looks like you're going to be gone for 3 weekends out of the next 6. Is there something you can give up?"

What I should have said is, "No. But thanks for asking."

Instead, I said, "Well, I've already paid for the BSF retreat and I might not ever get to go on another one, so I can't give it up. I've already paid for the craft fair (coming up next weekend--May 10th!), so I can't give that up. I guess I can give up the, gulp, scrapbook weekend."

To which he should have replied, "Oh, no, dearest, I would never ask you to give up your scrapbook weekend."

Instead, he said, "Great. Thanks, sweetie."

So, here I am, missing out on a super fun weekend away with girlfriends, laughter, lots of food and lots of scrapbooking.

But...if I were to be completely honest (and I shouldn't even have to say that if I'm always completely honest, should I? Hmmm...), anyway, to be completely honest, although I am bummed that I won't be there, I am relieved to have this weekend with no big plans. We have been busy and it can get overwhelming. I also would hate to be gone two weekends in a row.

So, here's to sleeping in tomorrow, getting no scrapbooking accomplished, but spending lots of fun time with my family. *Cheers!*

0 comments: