Monday, March 31, 2008

Retreat Pictures

Here are some pictures of the ladies I spent the weekend with. I brought my camera, but I never once pulled it out. Luckily, Phyllis is a camera-aholic, so we got lots of great pictures.

5 of the 6 Children's Leaders. L-R: Phyllis, Ann, Browne, Terri, me. That look on Terri's face is pretty common - she looks like she's trying to look innocent even though she's guilty, guilty, guilty.


Phyllis with one of the valet parkers on the right and who knows who on the left. She took so many pictures of people she didn't know. It was quite comical. She mainly wanted the horse statue in the background in the picture.


Trayce and Brian. Trayce is our Teaching Leader (meaning she gives the lecture after we've discussed our questions). She has encouraged and challenged me over and over. Her husband, Brian, is a Discussion Leader (they facilitate the question and answer time in small groups) in the Evening Men's class. He's also an ER doctor, so he was available during the retreat for any big or small emergencies.


Here is Kay (there is a super glue update here), Ann and Browne. Got questions? They've got answers. Well, at least, they were supposed to. I think they did more chatting and laughing than actually helping people. No, I'm sure they were a big help. But, I'm also sure they did a lot of chatting and laughing.


Because there were 80% women there and only 20% men, they turned one of the men's bathrooms into another women's bathroom. It was quite a shock the first time people walked in and then thought they had gone into the wrong bathroom by accident. Makes your heart jump! Ann and Kelly (the Assistant Children's Administrator) are just chatting while they wait for someone. Great blackmail picture, even if it is a little blurry.


The last evening of retreat, we went and kidnapped Ann and Browne. They were already in their pajamas. We all wanted to see Kay's glow-in-the-dark pajamas. Bet you didn't know they made those. Here, everyone is getting on the elevator. The hotel was so big that there were multiple elevators and some people even had to get off one and get on another to get to their rooms. I'm sure it helped with congestion on the elevators, but it was a little confusing.


On the way home, we stopped at Chili's. L-R: Kelly, me, Phyllis, Carol (Class Administrator), Lisa (um... Assistant Secretary, I think) and Kay (Discussion Leader)


The other table next to us at Chili's. R-L this time, starting with Ann, who has the date on her shirt, then Terri, Martha (Children's Administrator), Elizabeth (Discussion Leader and my roommate), Beth (Discussion Leader) and Sammye (Discussion Leader)


This last picture is of Sammye who celebrated her birthday the last day of retreat. I doubt you can guess her age because she looks so good! We got the waiters to sing to her and everyone enjoyed some of her chocolate shake.


So, now there are faces to go with the stories you hear about these ladies. Just in case you thought they were a figment of my imagination...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a fun group of ladies you got to spend time with!

Anonymous said...

Jaime, so weird I stayed in that hotel last weekend. It was a bizarre place wasn't it?