Thursday, December 20, 2007

Can it be?!

Can it really be 5 days until Christmas? Can it really be a stinkin' 62 degrees right now?! Oh, yes, on both accounts.

So, since it's only 5 days until Christmas, one might think I am ready. One would be wrong. I guess I have my Christmas shopping done (Slade still needs to get a gift for his younger brother, but that's not on my to-do list). I did some wrapping last night and was reminded... I don't like wrapping presents! Maybe next year I should get thicker wrapping paper because the paper I had was frustrating me by getting wrinkled and torn. I finaly wrapped our Colorado family's presents and got their package ready to mail out. I paid a little extra to make sure it gets there by Christmas. I was afraid I would be late, but I think I just made it. I got stocking stuffers for my kids and the neices and nephew wrapped.

Then I cleaned up and patted myself on the back. And then I realized I had a whole plastic box full of more presents that needed to be wrapped. Oh. Oops. So, I'll do that tonight. Again.

Last night we drove around Wild Wood looking at lights. The boys enjoyed it and it helped us get in the Christmas mood. With the weather so beautiful and warm, it doesn't feel like Christmas! I feel a little like my friend, Kristi, who lives in New Zealand. But, I think she's going to get a white Christmas this year while they travel. We might get a white Valentine's Day or something.

I have a few more teacher gifts to make tonight. I'm in a crafty mood, but I have too much other stuff to do. I really want to clean the bathrooms tonight so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow. Tomorrow is Russ' Christmas party around 12:30, then school gets out early. We're heading to my co-leader's house to decorate cookies. Phyllis hosts a cookie decorating party every year for all the BSF leaders and their kids/grandkids. We've gone twice now, I think. The kids will enjoy it. And, I always do, too, because it's fun to chat outside of BSF.

Today, we braved the crowd at the post office and Wal-Mart. Randall did pretty good at both places. He's my unpredictable one and it's frustrating not to know how he'll behave in public. But, he did great and we ran our errands and got home just in time to watch my neighbor's little boy for about an hour and a half. Then we picked Russ up from school, picked our ornaments up from the Mud Hut and ran to piano lessons. After Russ' lesson, I chatted with Russ' piano teacher for about 45 minutes because her next student had cancelled. I enjoy talking with her.

Then we came home and I had lasagna (I made a double batch a few weeks ago) to throw in the oven. It was a quick, easy dinner when I added freezer cheese bread. I should do that more often!

Slade and the boys are watching a Charlie Brown movie (an Easter one, not a Christmas one...) and I'm going to go pick up the kitchen.

1 comments:

Wendy said...

I use to love going through Wild Wood to see all the Christmas lights, it was my favorite neighborhood. I wish I could make it down there for Christmas this year.