Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christy's Teacher Gifts

My sister, Christy, and I came up with a great teacher gift for Christmas a month or so ago. She wanted small gifts (because she needed 9!), but more than just a card or gift card.

So, this is what we came up with. I made magnet sets that matched the paper she chose and I figured out a way to attach the magnets to the cards. The teachers can just pull the ribbons in the middle and the magnet set will come off. They still have a card that they can keep and the magnets are a useful gift.

Someday, when I have spare time, I think I'll make sets to list on etsy. They're unique and inexpensive. Christy had Josh dictate a letter to his teachers telling his favorite things about their classes and she added a short note of her own. Very personal and thoughtful.





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! How do you make the magnets?