Thursday, December 20, 2007

What am I going to do with this boy...

Randall can be quite a handful at times. Luckily, he's quite a cuddler, so he makes up for most of his misbehaving...

Today, I let him go outside by himself while I got everything together and ready to run to Wal-Mart. I got outside and called for Randall, who came running and said ever so sweetly, "It's not so bad." Hmmm. Not what I wanted to hear.

Actually, it wasn't so bad. He had used the sidewalk chalk and colored on his scooter and tricycle. Last week, it was on the house. Usually, it's on himself. Not that he doesn't know where he is supposed to color. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: So, what's not so bad?
Him: See? I colored on the scooter and tricycle.
Me: Hmmm, yes, I see. Where are you supposed to color?
Him: On the sidewalk.
Me: Is that the sidewalk?
Him: (grinning) No.
Me: Well, we need to head out; we'll worry about it later.
Him: Don't I have to clean it off? (Slade helped him clean the house last week.)
Me: Yes, when we get home.
Him: Yay!

Cleaning off the chalk involves the hose and getting to spray all by himself. Maybe the punishment should be a little less fun...

0 comments: