Each year, Hudson PEP has a two-week period where the kids' PE activity is skating! They LOVE it! The first few years the kids have to wear regular skates, but in either 3rd or 4th, they can get rollerblades if they want. Russ, of course, went with rollerblades as soon as he can. Randall is happy in regular skates.
I have put Judson in his stroller the last two years, but this year, he was big enough to walk around a bit. I had to keep him from taking off and chasing the skaters, tho.
I know I took pics of Rand, but I can't find them... So, just picture Randall with a huge grin on his face and you'll know what the pics looked like. He loved it this year! I love seeing him stretched out of his comfort zone and doing great.
Russ and one of our favorites, Sam.
Russ, Jose and Kristopher.
They do some fun dances and games, like this one:
It is such a fun few weeks and the kids come home telling all about what they got to do. I'm glad they have this experience. Russ is the kind of kid that will skate no matter what. Randall wouldn't skate if you paid him until he *had* to for school. The first year, he moved like a turtle. The second, a little faster. And this year, like I said above, he loved it. Such great skaters!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment