Tuesday, June 07, 2011

First Swim of the Summer

Russell and Randall have been swimming twice this summer, but yesterday was Judson's and my first time to actually get in the water.

My three sweet boys.


Matching trunks! I bought swim trunks last year and crossed my fingers that everyone would be the right size to fit their shorts. And they were!!


I wasn't sure if Russell would like matching his brothers, but he's been more tickled about it than Randall. He put on a different pair and then when I came out with Judson dressed in his, he said, "Oh, they're wearing that pair?! I'll be right back!"

I didn't get any pictures of the kids in the water because I'm not talented enough to hold a baby and a camera without one of the two getting dropped in the water.

Randall has become crazy-brave this year. It's like he has totally lost his fear or timidity in the water. It began last year, but he's taken off this year. He now scares me a little. He said, "I lost my breath a few times when I got out too deep and wasn't sure if I could get back to the edge." What?! Yikes! I have to remember to watch him a little closer...

Russ is a fish. He's amazing. Totally comfortable in the water. He's also already turning brown from the sun, even with the SPF 50 sunscreen lotion.

Judson was not a fan of the water at first. He would gasp as we got in and got wetter and wetter. He was very serious pretty much the whole time we were there. My sweet friend, Luciana, tried to hold him a few times and within seconds, he would stick that bottom lip out and start crying. He smiled a few times and even laughed once or twice, but he didn't want to splash or anything. He was very serious. After about an hour in the water, he fell asleep! Neither Russ nor Rand have ever fallen asleep in the water like that! But, when he woke up, he was a different kid. He was grinning and moving around and smiling! It was crazy!

I wrapped Judson in my towel and laid him on a chair while I gathered up swim toys and towels and such.


He was happy as could be and hardly moved the whole time.


Russ put his towel over his head and Judson looked so cute.


And, my very favorite:


All in all, a great swimming time! We definitely have to go back soon!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun!!! The boys are getting so big!