Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine Cookies - Basketball Hearts

So, Russ wanted basketball hearts to take to his class. No problem, right?... I mixed the dough, rolled it out, baked it, mixed my icing and iced the cookies in about 3 hours! Not bad!

Unfortunately, for some reason, I couldn't seem to keep my lines from being wiggly or the icing from blobbing and such. I changed tips a few times and it still kept happening. But, Russ was pleased and that's all that matters.

I didn't take as many pictures because the process was the same, just in orange frosting, instead of the red and black.


The plain white ones in the top left are for an idea that I will share soon.

I had the bright idea to add hearts to the girls' cookies to make them a little more girly. Great idea, but it didn't work out so well. The red frosting was a little too runny and the cute hearts died...


I had to turn the fan on to dry the icing quickly before it had a chance to flatten. It kinda helped.

And here are most of the cookies packaged and ready to go.


All in all, I was pleased. You can tell what they are and Russ said they taste good. Mission accomplished.

0 comments: