Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Go Cowboys!

Wait, what? The Cowboys didn't play in the Super Bowl this year? Oh...

Actually, I *did* know that the Cowboys weren't in the Super Bowl. So there. However, I didn't know who *was* playing until the day before...

But, I really don't go to the Super Bowl to watch the game. I go to eat yummy food and chat with the other women that aren't watching either. It's a win-win situation.

This year, we watched ("we" as in: Slade and Russell watched while I held Judson and chatted with friends and Randall ran around with the friend that Russ had brought... yeah, that's how "we" watch) the game at the church with the youth group. Slade has been helping out with the Senior High at our church for the past month or so and it was fun to meet some of the kids that I didn't already know and put faces with names.


I made football cookies to take and was very pleased with them! They were much easier to make than the camo ones! I used another new recipe and it was too crunchy (and I didn't even overcook it). Very good, but crunchy.


I'm loving the glossy icing, though. I ran out before I got to decorate the last two cookies. Rats! Oh, well, they were good with the little bit of icing I could scrape out of the mixing bowl.

0 comments: