Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hello, Mr. President

At school, Randall's class has been studying the presidents in honor of Presidents' Day. Every day, the students get to vote for President. The President gets to be the leader that day.

Yesterday, Randall was voted into office. He was so proud when he was telling me about it after school. The day before, he was a little sad when he told me that no one had voted for him. But, his class is small and they all seem to get along really well, so I figured it wasn't personal.

Then yesterday, he came home wearing the official "Mr. President" nametag and carrying an Abe Lincoln hat.


They learned that President Lincoln kept important papers in his tall hat. Pretty cool; I didn't know that!


So, his hat had some of his previous papers that were ready to come home rolled up inside.

At bedtime, he wanted to keep his "Mr. President" sticker. He is such a pack rat. He likes to keep every scrap of paper and every piece of lint. He definitely doesn't get that from his momma... but it might come from his grandpa, Oscar. Possibly... I'm just sayin'...

So, instead of keeping it, I told him we could take a picture of him with the sticker and the hat. He was very pleased with that idea.

So, now you have met yesterday's President. Today, it changes. Hmmm, sometimes I wish our presidents had short terms like that...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the hat!

Tabitha said...

I Love the hat! Thank you for teaching me something I didn't know about President Lincoln!

Faydra said...

what a great idea to teach the kids about presidents - super cute!