Saturday, March 14, 2009

No use crying over...

Yup, you got it, spilled milk. Grrr. And, I didn't cry (since they say there's no use), but I did growl.

Yesterday, I grabbed the milk (1/2 gallon because it was cheaper to buy two half-gallons than one gallon) to put it in the fridge and it attempted to commit suicide. It literally jumped out of my hands to meet it's doom on our new tile floors.


I was ready to kill it myself.

I know it's not a very big deal when milk spills. I know that, I really do. But, I had just mopped the floors two days before and I hadn't planned to do it again for another month or so! Okay, not really, but I definitely didn't plan to mop 2 days later.

When I say I "mop" my floors, what I mean is that I get down on my knees, use a small towel (also known as a washcloth, I suppose...), a spray bottle filled with a mixture of water and vinegar (1:1 ratio) and I clean the whole floor, one section at a time. It honestly doesn't take more than 15 or 20 minutes and the result is so, so much better than using a mop. I've been mopping that way for years.

However, yesterday, when I had to clean up the milk, I used the regular mop (because I was irritated and was rebelling against towel mopping two times in a week). And, now, every time I walk into the kitchen, I feel like the floor is dirty (even though I did my good mopping only a few days before) and I'm bothered all over again.

Also, when I clean up spilled milk (which I seem to do on a regular basis around here), I like to put the towel directly into the washing machine so the milk doesn't spoil and get stinky. But, I had just washed a load of towels so I didn't have enough for a full load to wash the towel. Grrr.

So, the moral of the story is. Don't do laundry until you have at least one towel soiled from spilled milk and don't mop until you're actually cleaning up a big mess. Or something like that.

Oh, yeah, and those dishes in the dishwasher that got sprayed with milk? Yeah, they were clean.

Grrr.

6 comments:

Perri said...

amazing how little things can irritate us, isn't it?

Kate said...

Okay well I will make your day. Guess what I found?

www.thediscountheroes.com
www.dealseekingmom.com

No need to pay for the deal alert thingie. =)

Piano mom said...

We used this same phrase on Taylor recently when she spilled her milk and it upset her.

I understand your day. had the same kind on Friday and actually broke down in tears at the doctor's office. At least you are in the privacy of your own home.

Alison H. said...

Are you sure we aren't related? I have that internal dialogue exactly like you!!!! It is freaky!

Anonymous said...

That was some spill. But your new tile looks fantastic! (even with milk on it ...)

Josie said...

That stinks!! Literally.lol..sorry. just had to say it. I'm very impressed that you get on your hands and knees to clean your floors!!