I packed the boys lunches this morning in their Laptop Lunch boxes for a little variety. I made sandwich wraps and gave their apples a little checkerboard fun. My status would have said: Jaime is spending way too much time just to cut up her boys' apples for their lunches.
I was very pleased with the result, though!


I found out when the boys got home from school that both liked the apples, but neither liked the sandwich wraps because they had cucumbers. Oh, well. You win some, you lose some.
I was busy and didn't post about this, either, but if I had, it would have said: Jaime 's sweet hubby helped to start her day off right.
This morning, after everyone had left for school or work, I grabbed my cell phone to see if I'd missed any texts or anything during the night and discovered a sweet love note from Slade folded up and placed inside. What a lovely start to the day. It is tucked in my wallet.
Jaime just discovered that Febreeze does not have a lid and if you pull the little handle-thingy that looks like it would lift a lid off, you will get sprayed.
I went shopping this afternoon using my online coupons, my regular coupons and my sales fliers and came home with some great deals! (A whole 'nother post on that later!) One of my great deals was a $2.99 can of Febreeze for $.99. I was going to try it out and grabbed the lid (or so I thought) and promptly sprayed myself in the face. I admit it. I am an idiot. But, I smelled great all day.
You will be happy to know (or at least, I was happy to know) that Febreeze doesn't sting when sprayed directly in your eyes at a very close range. So, go ahead and give it a try. Everybody's doing it. At least, that's what I tell myself...
Here are my great deals:

I bought $78.62 worth of groceries and household items and only paid $33.78 (some stuff wasn't on sale but I needed it anyway) thanks to the ridiculous amount of time I spent cross-referencing and checking for the best deal and such. It was worth it, though! I'll post the details of the trip later. And, hopefully, I'll get quicker at finding those good deals so I don't lose my mind.
Next status: Jaime wants a baby. Actually, I just want *this* baby that I'm holding while I type this!
I offered to watch my friend, Eun-Jin's adorable little guy while she got her hair cut today and after a little bit of playing, he slept most of the visit. Am I that boring?!

A close up of his sweet face.

Isn't he adorable?! He's the perfect size and has the sweetest little personality. Playing with him really did make me want another one. Usually it's just the little girls that do that to me.
For dinner: Jaime just made homemade pizza. I think it's the first time ever. It was Gwen's pizza crust recipe--Thanks, Gwen!! It was YUMMY!
I made homemade pizza tonight. All by myself. Like a big girl! I was so proud. I used Gwen's recipe for the dough (recipe below) and my own simple, no brainer recipe for the pizza sauce. Then the boys helped me add the toppings. I should say "boy" because Randall was having a difficult afternoon and wasn't in the mood to help, nor was I in the mood to have him help at that point. My status would have said: Jaime has a 5 year old boy that is free to a good home.
For the pizza toppings, I browned some hamburger meat and we had one hamburger pizza (half with chopped bell peppers and onions for Slade and me) and one meat lover's pizza--hamburger, salami and turkey chunks. I used mozzarella cheese and a Fiesta blend (whatever that is) because I didn't have enough mozzarella.
The pizzas before going in the oven.

Done and delicious!


Pizza Dough:
3 C flour
2 T sugar
1 t salt
1/4 C oil
1 pkg yeast
1 C warm water
Dissolve yeast in warm water. Let sit while measuring other ingredients into large bowl. Add yeast mixture and mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes. Press onto greased 17x11 pan. Top as desired. Bake at 400* for approximately 20 minutes.
So easy and so good!!
Pizza Sauce:
I took a can of tomato paste and watered it down by filling the can with water one time. Then I added 2 Tablespoons of Pampered Chef's Italian Seasoning. It was delicious!
So, it's been a good day. For some reason, right now, Facebook isn't working for me. It won't let me do anything. So, I'll post my final status here: Jaime should be getting ready for bed, but is blogging instead.
Good night, blog friends! And, if you're on Facebook, look me up!

5 comments:
Sounds like a busy day!
I sent you an email to "warn" you that we posted the giveaway post. I'm excited about it!
What a fun post! :) I especially like the 5 year old who is free to a good home. ;)
We had homemade pizza on Wednesday night! We love making it . . . however I cheat on the dough - jiffy works great and is usually cheap!
Oh, boy! I laughed out loud at this one! AND called Mom to tell her to read it!
You're so enthusiastic and positive ... it's infectious.
Jean
Sorry I'm a few days late, but your comments concerning your less-than-helpful rascal, Randall, gave me an earworm for the rest of the day. Thought I'd share it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4CVZnGJIzQ
Love you all! Uncle Phantom
Post a Comment