Yep, that's what's flying around here--the flu.
Russell came home from school on Wednesday and I told him that we were going to go to the park. His face looked so sad and he said he just didn't think he felt good enough. Bad sign.
He developed a fever and cough early in the evening and woke up early in the morning burning hot from head to foot.
We went to the doctor (who happened to be the mom of a friend of mine from high school--how fun!) and she confirmed my suspicions--the flu.
So, we've been laying low around here and just hanging out. Russ hardly got off the couch (except when he threw up all over it and I had to clean it up--the Tamiflu upset his stomach) and even with Motrin, his fever still remained. He started to feel better around dinner time, but still had the cough and sore throat.
Today, he's still coughing and has the sore throat and fever, but he feels much better. Even good enough to argue with his brother over all things, large and small.
I did enjoy my day with him yesterday while Randall was at school. It's not often that we get to hang out together by ourselves. I read The Boxcar Children to him and we finished up a book and picked out another to start. We watched a few movies and he wanted me to try out our new Wii Fit so he could watch. He was too weak and shaky to do it himself, although he did try, but he enjoyed watching. I could tell he felt better in the afternoon (when I was trying to read a book while he rested) because he got very talkative. *smile*
He's on the mend and I'm hoping that no one else comes down with it. He's been a very pleasant and positive patient, as well as un-demanding. That makes me want to baby him even more. *smile*
I've been very lack on my blogging this last week or two, but get ready for more posts! I have to go back to Christmas! *evil grin*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I was wondering where you guys were this am. We missed you at playday! We'll pray for continued quick healing!
Post a Comment