It took about 14 hours for the guys to lay the tiles. It took me about 4 hours (with some interruptions) to chisel out the excess mortar. Then it took the guys about 4 more hours, I believe, to grout.
It looks so, so good! I'm so excited!
Here's Slade sealing the grout.

Here's the entry way and part of the dining area.

This is standing back at the back wall, looking out over where the table would be.

It makes such a difference in the kitchen! It freshens it up a lot!
Slade borrowed a saw (of some sort) from my brother-in-law and got the baseboards measured and cut and I painted them. Then our neighbor let him borrow a nail gun (that he had borrowed from another friend) and Slade got the baseboards nailed in in no time. Yay!
Here is the kitchen all back in order (as much as possible at this point). Oh, how nice to have my kitchen out of my livingroom!

Look at them purdy baseboards that my man done put in for me!

And, my kitchen isn't complete without all the stuff (aka: crap) that I like to keep handy on my little shelf by the door.

My friend, Josie, offered to come over and help me paint the cabinets. I so appreciated her help and we accomplished a lot! After she left, I continued, and by the end of the day, all of the cabinets (minus the doors...) were painted. I love the white and I can't wait to get the new countertops to go with it!

Here are the new drawer pulls I chose. They are a brushed nickel that goes great with the appliances. Pay no attention to the paint on the countertops. I figured we didn't need to waste time being careful since they're coming out in the next few weeks.

All we have left to do for the floor is for Slade to measure and cut the quarter round, me to paint it, and him to install them. Once he finishes the quarter round, he can fill in the nail holes and any seams and then I can touch up the paint! Whoo hoo!
Then, as soon as motivation strikes, I will do the cabinet doors. I think I'm putting it off because it will be very involved. I have to fill in some holes where the door pulls were in the middle of the cabinets and drill holes for handles instead of pulls. That scares me because I'm anal and like things straight, but I'm not good at getting them straight when it involves a permanent hole. Never ask me to pierce your ears, I can guarantee they won't be even. Just in case you were considering asking me to do that...
I will have to touch up paint, I'm sure after the countertops go in (not to mention where I need to touch it up from my own painting), so that's on the to do list, as well.
It's exciting! Once we finish the kitchen, Slade wants to tile the master bath floor. Maybe not right away, but that will probably be our next project. Either that or removing the wood burning stove that has never worked properly, even though we've had a chimney sweep (or whatever they're called) out to clean it and inspect it. We'll see. We have to let the money build back up since we've pretty much used all the excess we had saved up for such adventures.

7 comments:
How exciting! And of course, it looks great. Definitely worth the mess, right? Plus, it's always a little sweeter knowing you did it yourself ...
Great job, Rineharts! And I'm glad Russell is feeling better. A sick kid is no fun for anyone.
Its looking good!!
Home improvements are so exciting! :) Afterwords I love to go into the new room and smile. :) Great job!
Oh, what color green is that?
awesome!!!!!
Very exciting! Glad to see the progress pictures and love the colors!
By the way... get Slade to do the tile right away before the kitchen job wears him out and it gets indefinitely postponed :)
Sorry about the kiddo being sick... that's no fun!
It's gorgeous Jaime. :)
Post a Comment