Tonight we are kidless. My mom called just before dinner and asked if she could kidnap the boys for a sleepover with Josh. I wasn't sure if Randall would want to spend the night, so I asked him. He hesitated and Russell came over and said, "I'll be right there if you have a bad dream or anything" and patted his back. It was very sweet.
Then when my mom got here, the kids were all talking excitedly and Russ said again, this time to Grammy, "I need to sleep with Randall so if he wakes up crying in the night, he can just reach out his arms and wake me up." I was very proud of his desire to protect Randall (especially because usually he's bugging the stink out of Randall and trying to make him mad).
They took their suitcase (packed with extra socks and underwear, just in case--their doing, not mine, I promise) and headed off for dinner at Taco Bueno and then Space Chimps at the theater.
Kidless.
What to do?!
Well, being the exciting and spontaneous twosome that we are, we headed off to see Prince Caspian at the Dollar Theatre. And, boy, was it worth our $2! Okay, it would've been worth the ridiculous price of the regular theater, but we didn't make it to the regular theater before it moved on to the cheap one.
I mentioned to a friend recently that I don't like all the blood and fighting in the Lord of the Rings movies and they said that I wouldn't like Prince Caspian then. But, I was pleased to see that, although there were a lot of battle scenes, there was little blood and no guts. I definitely wouldn't take my kids to see it for still a few years, but I didn't have to have Slade tell me when it was okay to open my eyes. *grin*
If we'd have had more notice, we might have done something a little more exciting... Well, okay, maybe not. *grin* But, we did have an enjoyable evening and it'll be great to sleep in and wake up whenever I want to.
So, what would you do if kidless for a night?
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
being the fun spontanous people that we are, the same thing you did! LOL Eric and I normally grab something to eat then either go to a movie or watch one at home. Sleeping in is the main thing I love to do!
Btw, I skipped this morning also! We are bad! I *may* take the kids later. I bet I slept in later than you! I just got up!
We would have a nice quiet dinner with no food throwing then I would sleep. SLEEEEEPPPP forever!! lol...
Post a Comment