Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pineapple Drive-Thru

I bought a whole pineapple at Wal-Mart a few days ago and decided today was a good day to eat it. I have this neat little plastic thingy that is made for spiral cutting a pineapple. I've had it for years and this was my very first time to use it! Sad, I know. But, now I know how easy it is and I'll be sure to use it again and again!

I just sliced the top off and put the plastic thingy over the core. Then I pushed it and rotated it around through the pineapple. It juiced everywhere! We drank some of the yummy, fresh juice! It was delicious! After a little creative pulling, we got the inside out and then enjoyed the juice left in the "skin".




It was the juiciest pineapple I've ever tasted. So, so yummy!


We decided to take the pineapple outside and the boys would skate or ride bikes up to me to get bites. A pineapple drive-thru. Russ rollerbladed through the drive-thru.


Randall looks perplexed. He did with each bite. He kept saying he liked it, but he didn't look like he did. I think it was just a different flavor than he was used to. We don't eat pineapple very often.


He even rode his bike through a few times! He hasn't really wanted to ride his bike because it's new and difficult (two things he doesn't like alone, much less together). But, he did great and I"m starting to see him take the initiative more lately. Maybe he's growing up... *sniff*


After the rollerblades, Russ took a few bites while on his bike.


Similar perplexed look...


Getting a big bite!


Not gonna smile... Just not gonna do it...


Oops, smiled! I love this candid grin!


I highly recommend fresh pineapple over canned. Canned is okay, but fresh is delicious!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yes, fresh pineapple is so much better than canned! And for a really special treat, try it grilled. Serious, it's just fabulous when you get those nice black lines on it.

Rachel said...

I totally agree. Nothing like fresh pineapple!

Love the expressions on the kids' faces :)

Anonymous said...

EB has taked to starting each morning with a fruit smoothie, and the flavors alternate depending on what's on sale at my store at any given time. Bananas and plain low-fat yogurt are the base, then any combination of fresh pineapple (her favorite!), strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, nectarines, mangoes and apples. For me, there has to be bacon and gravy involved, too.

Anonymous said...

That's *taken*