Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rollerblades

After the fun we had in Colorado playing rollerskate hockey (more on that to come, but, alas, no pictures), I decided I wanted to buy a pair of rollerblades. I used to have a pair, but one of the straps broke. I decided to go ahead and get rid of them since I could just rent them at the skate rink whenever we went. Yeah, bad move. I got rid of my pair with one strap broken in order to borrow a pair with 4 or 5 straps broken. Grrr.

So, we headed to Academy on Sunday to price them. I found some I liked on eBay, but I didn't know what was a good price.

While we were there, we decided to get Randall a pair. Russ has some that he loves and I don't mind them rollerblading inside, so I figured Randall might enjoy having some, too. He was very excited about them.

I told him to skate on the carpet for a while to get used to them because I was afraid that if he fell once, he'd quit. He has enjoyed them on the carpet and has skated at least once a day since we got them.

Rollerblades and jammies.




I also found some cheap hockey sticks with plastic balls (for pucks) recently and bought 4. I figured the kids will enjoy them on or off their blades. And, boy, have they! Yesterday, I put the chairs on the table to sweep the floor and after I swept, we all got hockey sticks and had fun playing in the kitchen (minus the skates) for a while.

I also just bought a pair of blades off of eBay and I look forward to them getting here. Now we just need to get Slade some...

2 comments:

Mer said...

Once you get Slade some you could easily post...Slade on Blades! Ha...I know I know..I'm a total goof.

Anonymous said...

I LIKE it! "Slade on Blades"!! I'll buy a ticket!