Monday, March 17, 2008

I just vacumed up a bee...

I just vacumed up a bee.
I didn't mean to do it.
He surprised me at the window
And I hadn't time to shoo it.

He buzzed at me defensively;
Well, that made me defensive, too.
If a bee buzzed at you while cleaning,
Tell me, what would you do?

So, I waited patiently,
he never saw it coming!
But, now he's in the canister
And I can hear him humming...

It's true. I was vacuming around the boys' window, with the window open and a bee must've squeezed in by the screen and I must've surprised it because it didn't fly away. It hesitated and flew slowly around, defensively. I've never seen a defensive bee, but I'm telling you, this one was defensive. Well, it's not my fault he tried to get into our house. I couldn't close the screen all the way from the inside and I was afraid he'd get mad and come after me, so I did the first thing that I thought of. I vacumed him up. Then I got chills thinking about him getting out of the canister of the vacume and haunting me. Yuck. So, in a minute, I'll go empty the canister and close up the bag as quickly as I can!

Today I am spring cleaning. I didn't intend to spring clean, just to deep clean and air out the house now that everyone is well. But, once I got started, I thought of all the other things I could do and... well, now I'm in the cleaning mode. So, far, I've only finished Slade's and my room. I vacumed the blinds (whew, that took about 45 minutes and my arms were so tired--might make that once a decade, instead of each spring) and took down the curtains to wash, dry and iron... Hmmm... I wonder if that one will get finished... Then I dusted everything and vacumed the baseboards and the carpet. I changed our sheets and put everything that Slade needs to go through and organize on the bed so that it looks nice everywhere else. I don't know if he'll get to his stuff tonight (he has a midterm to take online), but at least it looks good. :-)

Then I changed the boys' sheets. Whew, that is a workout! I decided to save their blinds for next spring or whenever the cleaning bug hits again. They aren't as dusty as ours because we have our fan on more often than they do.

And, so far, that's all I've accomplished and it's taken me 2 stinkin' hours. Of course, I did get that great little poem written, so I guess that's worth the wasted time, right?! Oh, well.

It feels good to clean out and air out this germy house!

5 comments:

Josie said...

The poem is great!! I would of done the same thing.

Anonymous said...

Pretty darn good poem, Sweetie. I'd give it a Bee+.

Wendy said...

I love the poem. I got in a cleaning mood on saturday but I only made it as far as the kitchen.

Amy Gabbard said...

I would have done the same thing...

Mommy Lion said...

Our house next! ;o)
I'm with on feeling like you've gotten the germs out.
Good luck with the bee.