Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sigh...

Well, I took Slade to the doctor today and it was confirmed that he has the flu. He is absolutely miserable. He hasn't gotten out of bed all day and has eaten hardly anything. It breaks my heart to see him so uncomfortable and miserable. I pray that he recovers quickly.

Russell made it through the whole day today and said he felt fine, so I think he's over everything. He did still require Benadryl for the rash, but it was much better, too. He was very crabby and, even though I know it's because he's still recovering, it was very hard to deal with. I was tempted to throw in the towel and just go to bed and call it a day at only 5.

But, we made it. The kids are fed (thank goodness for free personal pizzas from Pizza Hut for Russell's reading achievements), bathed and bedded. We even did some of Russell's homework and practiced piano for the first time in probably 2 weeks! That, also, was quite a feat.

And, I'm ready to head to bed myself. It's depressing being awake and alone while Slade tosses and turns in the bedroom. I can't do anything and when he's awake, he's either out of it from the medicine or so uncomfortable that I hate to wake him for anything other than more medicine or offerings of food.

I have laundry to finish, but I might let it wrinkle in the dryer. I have a hamster cage to clean, but it might just have to go one more day. I have BSF to review and get ready for tomorrow, but I might just wing it tomorrow and pray that God can use what little I have to offer.

This has been going on since last Thursday when Randall got sick and Slade was out of town. Then once he got home, we were so busy with Russell and then Slade, too, that it seems like someone has been sick for almost 2 weeks straight. I'm worn out. I'm still battling my cold and random stomach aches. I'm also tired because I woke up around 3:30 and heard Slade nauseated in the bathroom. Once I wake up in the morning lately, I begin coughing and this morning, I couldn't stop, so I decided around 5 to just get up and not keep Slade up, too. So, I've been up since way too early this morning. I think I will feel much better tomorrow with a good night's sleep.

So, good night.

3 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

praying for you. I am so sorry. Just think, one day you will look back on this week and laugh. It may be when you have grandkids but you will. You are a pillar of stregnth! Make sure you rest also.

Wendy said...

I'm sorry to hear that your household is still under the weather, we definitely know what you're going through. I will be praying for everyone to get well soon.

Josie said...

Praying that your whole family will be healthy again!