Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'll be watching the mail!

Well, I finally made the jump and bought some Copic markers. I bought the Copic Ciao style. I found them on eBay, my favorite shopping haunt, and got them for 2.18 each, including shipping! I couldn't get them for any cheaper than about $4.20 at Hobby Lobby (that's when they're 30% off).

Why did I want Copic markers, you ask? Well, check out these blogs and their amazing cards and you'll see why I was drooling over Copics.

* Debbie (Thinking Inking) was very helpful when I e-mailed her a few months ago to ask what Copics even were. I had heard of them on quite a few of the stamping blogs I enjoy, but I didn't know what made them better than any other stamping marker. You'll have to scroll down a bit on her blog to get to some of her cards.

*Also, Taylor (Taylored Expressions) has lots of fun cards with images that have been colored in with Copics.

I looked on eBay and they were only slightly cheaper than I can get them here. So, I waited and kept searching for them. There were a few auctions before the one I finally won, but I was determined to pay less than $3 each. So, I was patient. And, when I began looking on eBay, the timing was great because I had a small rush of sales in my etsy shop! I don't know what it was, but I had a little rush (yay!) and it gave me the money for the markers. So, then I really started looking.

And, I got lucky and won a set of 35 today. I can't wait to get them and play with them. I am so not an artist, but lots of non-artists use Copics and with great results. So, I'm excited and I'll be sure to post some cards... once I get the hang of what I'm doing!

2 comments:

Perri said...

I've never heard of these. I'll be interested to see your cards you make.

Kate said...

Okay, I need to be clued in, too. I have seen them, read about them, seen things colored with them... Also seen how stinkin' expensive they are (you got an awesome deal!) and I really have no idea what makes them so great. So what is the difference?