Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Furniture Pictures

Well, here are the pictures of our room with most of the new furniture. We still have our old bed (which actually was Slade's grandfather's, I think), but as soon as we get the bed to Slade's mom and a frame for ours, we'll put it together.

Here's what you see when you first walk in (if you walk in and turn left, you'll be in our bathroom):


Then, look just a bit to your right:


Then, even more to your right and you'll see the last of the infamous "piles" that Slade is known for (at least around our home). Usually there are about 3 or 4 (minus the two bins holding winter sweaters until I find them a better home) and they consist of past bulletins, credit card receipts (although, he does usually get them to me within a day or two of purchase), notebooks, books, Bibles, etc.


And, last, our closet. It needs doors, I know. When we moved in, the closet doors were sponge painted a bright blue. We took them off to paint them and haven't gotten around to it. They're in the storage shed. We're debating sanding and repainting them or just buying some that are mirrored to make the room look a little bigger). So, while we debate, we wait. And wait. And wait. And show our closet off to the world. The ceiling fan is new, too. Slade put it in a month or so ago. It's very pretty and matches the style of the furniture perfectly.


I found a pretty clock to put on our dresser where the money jar is (which isn't usually so empty, but I just took a load to the bank... I had about $20 in pennies). I found it at Hobby Lobby, where it was originally $70. I got it for $14. The clock is big and sturdy and black. The front of it swings open and there are three drawers in the back that I think I'll use for jewelry.

So, there it is. We have been very pleased with FurnitureBuzz, with their shipping prices, well-packaged boxes, the quality of the furniture and prices.

1 comments:

Perri said...

I like your new furniture. I don't like mirrored doors myself (who wants to look at theirself in full view every time you're in the bedroom?) BUT they do make the room look larger.