Yesterday was a busy day, but a good one, too. We all slept in (if you call 7:15 sleeping in and we do!) and lounged around the house for a few hours, slowly getting ready for the day.
We left around 11:15 to head to Hawkins (about a 45 minute drive) to celebrate the 90th birthday of a very wonderful man we know from First Assembly of God in Hawkins, TX. Brother Bird, as we call him, has been a pastor for years and actually pastored First A/G there in Hawkins for several years. He is a sweet, funny and very godly man and we enjoyed the chance to honor him and celebrate his life thus far.
Brother Bird has been through a lot in his 90 years and it was neat to hear from people who have known and loved him. He has lived through brain cancer (or was it a brain tumor?) and can quote scripture better than anyone else I know. He might not always remember something he meant to say or a name or whatever, but he can quote verse after verse after verse, flawlessly.
We think the world of him and Sister Bird and we are honored to call him our friend.
We left the party around 2:30 and went to Peggy's house (Slade's mom). We stayed there until about 4, just chatting and catching up. We drove home, which is about a 35 minute drive from Peggy's house and got home around 4:45. We did little things around the house and then I left at 5 to stop at the store on the way to small group and Slade and the boys left about 15 minutes after I did. We met at the house we were having small group at.
We enjoyed some very, very yummy Indonesian food, prepared by Mark's sister and her husband (who are missionaries to Indonesia) and then I left to go run the nursery for our W.orld O.utreach W.eekend at church (which is our missions conference/emphasis weekend) and then Slade took the boys home after some time of talking with Russ and Dena (the missionaries). That's where the title of this post came from. Russ said they have eaten dog, cat, bat and I can't remember what all else. Luckily, they couldn't find those foods here, so we got to enjoy chicken. Well, I'm sure they could find them here, but you can't eat someone's pet! :-)
Slade got the boys in bed around 8:45 and I got home around 9:30. Whew! It was busy, but there wasn't anything we would have wanted to miss to make it less busy. It was a wonderful day!
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I don't know how you do it all! Truly Supermom. Your hard work is appreciated very much even though it's not always recognized!
Post a Comment