Thursday, December 20, 2007

Teacher Gifts

I have seen nugget tins all over the stamping/scrapbooking community lately and decided to make some for teacher gifts this year. I LOVE them! I almost hate to part with them! Of course, where would I put them all?!

I decided not to use Christmas-y paper since they are more of "Thank you" gifts that are given at Christmas and not really Christmas gifts. Although I do love the Christmas-themed tins, too!

I found the tins at Specialty Bottle for the best price anywhere! They were available at Papertrey Ink for $2 each! Luckily, they were sold out, so I searched elsewhere and got the great deal of about $0.80 each. A good reminder to think outside the box when scrapbooking because sometimes you can find a better price when it's not being sold for scrapbooking. I also got the round tins I'll need for my Advent Calendar that I will have made by Christmas next year... The round tins can be used in a similar way to the nugget tins and just filled with M&Ms, candy corn, valentine hearts or any small candies.

So, here are a few pictures of the tins that I took to BSF yesterday to give to Randall's teachers, as well as my co-leader, our Children's Supervisor and our Teaching Leader.




The "sour cream containers" have Reese's Pieces inside. I found the idea for those on a stamping blog and have looked and looked, but can't find the blog! I usually bookmark where I get an idea, but this one is lost in cyber-space.


I used a paper crimper that I had actually put into my garage sale pile! I think I bought it at Wal-Mart for $10 or so. I used it on one scrapbook layout and hadn't used it since so I was going to get rid of it. I'm SO-O-O-O glad I didn't get rid of it before I discovered this fun idea! I can use it to wrap candy bars, too. Stampin' Up! sells a crimper for about $26, but you can find a generic one that works just as well.

To make the sour cream container, I started with a 6 x 6 sheet of designer paper. I used double-sided tape to make it into a cylinder (like a toilet paper roll). Then I used double-sided tape on one end and closed it up. I filled the tube with candy and then, using double-sided tape (I love double-sided tape!), I closed the other end in the opposite direction. Then I used my crimper and crimped the flat ends. Super easy and so, so cute!

You could punch a hole in one of the crimped corners and put a tag on it, too. Or just tape a tag to the container. These would work for party favors for any occasion, just change the paper to match. I've also seen people punch two holes in the middle of a crimped edge and tie a bow from ribbon threaded through. Lots of fun ideas! I'm thinking these might make good Valentine's Day favors for Russ' class. I just need to find a good Valentine-y paper.

0 comments: