Well, I've been M.I.A. (or should I say M.issing I.n B.logger-sphere A.ction) this week. I've been scrapping my heart out to get ready for the Christmas Corner at Maude Cobb this weekend. This is a huge craft-type show (not everything is handmade, but a lot of it is) and it should be a big affair.
This time last year, I was scrapping my heart out to have 9 paper bag albums ready to join my neighbor, Allison, at her booth at Christmas Corner. She was the one that encouraged me to make extras so we could try to sell them. That was the start of something beautiful...
I will be setting up at Maude Cobb tomorrow and then Thursday night the show opens to invitated guests of the Symphony, I believe. Then all day Friday, all day Saturday and half a day on Sunday. Whew! It will be a long weekend, but, hopefully, a very fruitful one! I plan to do some shopping myself, so that will be fun, too! :-)
Hamsters, hamster everywhere!
An update on our hamsters. They are getting so big! They're about half the size of Mama Hamster and about 1/3 the size of Daddy Hamster, who has done nothing but sit around and eat since being moved to his own cage and has gotten quite chubby. :-)
Mama is trying to wean them, but one big, fat Baby follows her everywhere and won't leave her alone. It's humorous. :-) If you are still interested in one or two, let me know! We are planning to keep Mama Hamster and one girl Baby. So, there are 4 other babies and the Daddy Hamster. The hamsters don't come with any of their stuff (cage, food, etc), so you'll want to get that first and bring it here to pick up the hamster. If you're interested, let me know!
The other day, Russ, Randall and I were playing with their wooden train track and we had the great idea to put blocks inside the track to create a "cage" for the babies and Pepper to run around in. The babies loved it! They scurried and scampered all over, leaving tiny little pellets all over the carpet. :-) We got some fun pictures. Pepper, however, was crazy-fast and would climb over the blocks and scurry under the bed or behind something before we could catch her. That happened twice. The first time, I tried to move stuff and get her, but then we decided to just close the bedroom door and let her come out. She did eventually and we put her back in her cage!
We've had lots of fun with them and it has been a neat experience, but we just can't take care of all of them. They each need individual attention and handling and we just don't have the time to love on them all. None of them have names and I'm not even sure which are girls and which are boys, but I'll take them to the pet store and find that out... soon... :-)
Well, the house needs some TLC and the corner of my livingroom where I am scrapbooking is calling out to me, so I guess I'll sign off. Ask me which of those two things I will be giving my attention to... :-)
Blog ya later!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment