We went to LeTourneau University to gather acorns to put in a vase I have that I wanted to make Fall-ish. The kids had a blast!
We began with Russ riding his bike and Randall riding his tricycle. That lasted about 15 feet and then it was Russ riding his bike and Randall running. We ran/rode around the "big machines" and then Randall had fun climbing on them. Russ kept riding around the machines. I remember climbing on these machines when we were little. They seemed a lot bigger back then...
I put the camera on a tall, round light and we got this picture.
Here's Russ doing what he did most of the time we were there.
Random picture of the newest building at LeTourneau. The Belcher Center, I believe it's called.
It started getting dark early, of course, so then we went to gather our acorns. Here they are, ready for action.
The boys had a blast and we found some huge acorns! Easly two inches long! They were very diligent in their gathering.
Randall trying to show the size of the acorns...
Not sure where this face came from but it is so cute!
Here's a big one with it's "hat" still on. Most of them didn't have the tops on, so I was excited when we found some that did.
This is where Randall put many of his acorns. He was so pleased with them that I left them, even though that wouldn't have been where I would have chosen to put them.
And, here is my new table that I bought from LTD Commodities for a great price. The shipping was reasonable and fast, too. It's not super sturdy, but it doesn't need to be for what I am using it for. It's in front of the brick thingy and I'll put big baskets on the shelves to hold shoes once I get the baskets. (I might need another IKEA run soon.) Right now it is holding library books that need to be returned. I'm very pleased!
Fall is here!

0 comments:
Post a Comment