Friday, September 14, 2007

BSF

Wednesday was our first BSF class. I am working with the 4's and 5's with Phyllis. We only had enough kiddos for 3 classes this year. I thought we were going to have the older 4's and 5's, but we have some brand-new 4's and it's going to be a bit of a challenge to keep things on their level, but still interesting and challenging enough for the older ones. But, I think it'll be fun!

We had 13 kids and that was with 4 out! Whew! It's a big class. It's like no matter where you walk, you might step on a child. :-)

Class went really well. I know I will enjoy working with Phyllis. She's creative and impulsive and lots of fun. The kids love her, too. When Russell had her, I loved her because I could tell she loved Russ. I know I will absorb good stuff from her this year. :-)

Randall did great. He cried when I first dropped him off, but he went right to the volunteer (usually he tries to get Slade or me to stay and play and doesn't want someone else to try to help him have fun) and stopped crying pretty quickly. His teachers are Browne and Barby and I know he'll have a good time in their class this year. They played a game where they were setting a rhythm and having all the kids help clap everyone's names. Barby said that Randall wanted to clap his hamster's name instead of his. Silly guy.

0 comments: