Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Well, Russ had his Halloween Party at school and I had to miss it. Bummer. I had BSF and...it's frowned upon to miss BSF. But, it was only about a 30-45 minute party, so I guess I didn't miss too much and I'm glad I didn't miss BSF and teaching tomorrow. I know Russ will tell me all about it when he gets home.

This morning, I had everything together for Russ' tree costume and he said he didn't want to wear it. I almost said something along the lines of, "Oh, yes, you do! If you don't, Randall might not and I spent too much time on it for you not to wear it...blah, blah, blah!" But, I just shrugged and reminded myself that it's not personal and he doesn't appreciate all the time that went into it because he's only 4 and I can choose to get over it. So, all I said was, "That's fine. This is your only chance to dress up at school, though. Everyone else will be dressed up today and if you miss it, you just miss it. You can't dress up in your costume another day." He thought about it and changed his mind. I just shook my head. Silly guy.

He looked adorable and I'll get pictures tonight before Farm Fair tonight. Our neighbor, Danielle, said something to the effect of, "Hey, you're a great tree!" I think that helped his attitude, too. *grin* It wasn't that he didn't like the tree costume, it was that he didn't want to dress up in anything. I'm glad he decided to wear it, though, because he does look adorable.

Randall can't wait to wear his costume tonight. I borrowed some camo hats from Adriana (THANKS!) and they just complete the outfits. It's been fun getting costumes together. It makes Halloween more fun when you can look forward to something like dressing up. I suppose I could have dressed up before we had kids if that's what makes Halloween more fun...but...yeah, not happening.

I should be cleaning the bathrooms, but since we have plans tonight, I don't want to get all wet and smell like cleaning stuff, so I'm blogging instead. And I'm about to sit and watch a movie, too. (I know, living on the wild side...)

Well, Happy Halloween!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was looking forward to Halloween pictures...bummer! Caroline almost changed her mind at the last minute about going trick or treating, but when I mentioned that it only comes once a year like her birthday, she changed her mind!
Alison