I just found out yesterday that a friend of mine's husband died two days ago. I knew her through my parents growing up. Her parents led a Bible study that my parents were involved in when my sisters and I were young. They led both my parents to Christ, I believe. Marli is their youngest daughter (she's in her thirties) and was close to my mom. She and her husband have 5 children, all under the age of 7, I think. Her husband, Ben, was flying a small plane he had been working on and that's all we know...I can't even imagine. She is trying to be strong for the kids, but I imagine this must be so hard for her. Her parents live here and I'm not sure where her 2 older sisters and their families live. And she lives in Illinois, I think. Oh, I just can't even imagine what she is going through right now. I just cry when I pray for her. I don't know if they had life insurance for him or not...I don't know what she will do for the future--she might not know, either, right now. What a hard time.
Lord, give her strength to help her children through this and peace and comfort while she grieves. Provide for her needs and send people to her to help her. Help me to not take my husband for granted...
Saturday, February 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
if you go to connie's blog, she has a link to the news report about the accident. but basically he was flying the plane he was working on and ran into some power lines. i lived with the graffs for a summer and i know i met one of the daughter sbut i can't rmemeber which one, but i'm pretty sure dave knew marli. it was very hard to hear that he's only 30, that's dave's age, and i can't imagine going through what she's going through.
That is a hard thing with no kids and to think of surving with 5 breaks my heart. This story touches me in a different way too since Ted also is a pilot and has a love for small aircraft. I know when he was looking into insurance they didn't cover flight accidents. (At least I think they didn't I could be wrong. So definately pray that the Lord will take care of them financially.) I'm sorry you lost a friend. There is certainly no greater sadness than losing someone you care about. My heart goes out to you.
Post a Comment