Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Judson's Blues' Clues Birthday Party

Where has the time gone?!  Judson can. not. be two!!  Apparently I didn't blog his first birthday--rats!  Oh, well, here's his second...

A few months before his birthday, Judson was on a huge Blues Clues kick and any time he wanted to watch anything on TV, he would ask to watch Blues Clues.  Sometimes he wanted to watch a different movie, but any TV watching was called watching Blues Clues.  And he usually did want to watch the actual Blues Clues episodes we found on Netflix.

Then, about two weeks or so before his birthday (that I had been already planning for a month), he grew tired of Blues Clues... Too bad.  I had already planned and brainstormed and purchased some of the things I needed so he was getting a Blues Clues party.

We kept it pretty low-key since we didn't want the birthday boy crying all thru his party.

We had balloons because Judson absolutely loves balloons!  We played a game of Blues Clues, ate cake and other goodies, opened presents and then just hung out and enjoyed our friends.

Randall and Julia really got into the game... *grin*


Each kid got a handy dandy notebook and a crayon and we found 3 clues.







Each clue was drawn in the notebook.  One was the piano, one was a box of matches and one was some birthday candles.  What does Blue want to do on Judson's birthday?  Sing Happy Birthday and blow out the candles!


We just figured out Blues Clues!  I think that deserves some cake!  A sweet friend from high school made these cute cakes for Judson.


My sweet nieces modeling my cookies.  I had a lot of orders that week and decided to go with simple and quick for the party and, luckily, the pawprints were perfect.


Judson absolutely loved blowing out the candles and every time I would light one and then go on to the next one, he'd blow out the first.  Then I was laughing so hard that I couldn't light them.


He liked his cake a little better this year than last year... He took a few bites and then opted for a cookie again.


A clue!  I see a clue!


Present time, present time!  Open a present and see what's inside!


Judson really enjoyed opening the presents, but didn't care for having to stop playing with one gift to open the next.  One of his favorites was this cute pair of monkey slippers from Grammy.


We got him a balance bike.  He loved it and so did all the other kids at the party.  He still loves it and it's light-weight enough that when he gets tired of riding it, sometimes he'll just pick it up and carry it for a while. *grin*


It was a wonderful birthday party and we appreciate all our sweet friends that came to help us celebrate.  Judson, you are a precious gift to our family.  You are funny and independent and snuggly and full of personality.  You love to laugh and be scared and you dislike getting in trouble.  You will stick your bottom lip out before you start to cry and we all think it's adorable, but it still doesn't get you out of trouble.  You are talkative and smart and we are enjoying getting to see your little God-given personality come out.  You enjoy praying at bedtime and if Daddy or I will sing to you or tell you a story, you will sit still for hours.  What a joy you are.  Happy Birthday!

0 comments: