Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cookie-ing Like Crazy!

I've been busy with cookies lately! It makes my day when I get an e-mail or a Facebook message and someone wants cookies! I'm loving all the practice I'm getting in and the feeling of getting better.

So, here is what I've been up to lately during naps or in the evenings.

Baby shower cookies for a pink and brown shower.


Batman! I really enjoyed making these, but they took stinkin' forever to decorate!! If I do them again... well, I'm not sure if I'll do them again or not... But, I do love how they turned out! I copied some designs by Sweet Sugarbelle. And, of course, hers are absolutely amazing! (Unfortunately, I can't find the cookies of hers that I copied to post a link. So, just look at mine and imagine them a million times better and you will know what her awesome cookies look like.)


Guitars, music notes and stars for a Rockstar Birthday Party.


Hearts with the initials of the "bride" and "groom" for a friend who renewed her vows to celebrate her 10th anniversary.


Rattles and name/initial circles for a friend's baby shower. It was an amazing Cookies & Milk shower and was decorated beautifully. And, I'm getting better at writing on cookies, slowly, but surely.


Cookies for a friend whose son was proposing to his girlfriend. They threw a "He Popped the Question" party that looked amazing. Luckily, with all the work that went into the party, she *did* say "yes" *grin* I really enjoyed working on these and matching the colors of the hearts to the colors in their tablecloths.


Birthday cookies for my niece, Julia. I asked her what kind of cookies she wanted and she replied, without hesitation, that she wanted stars and hearts with hot pink and turquoise and her name across the front. I didn't do the name across the front, but she still enjoyed them.


And, last, some fun pirate cookies! These were a blast to do and I was pleased with how they turned out!


I'm getting better at not eating as much of the dough or the finished cookies. You would think I'd get tired of it, but, unfortunately, I haven't yet. So, I have to exercise self-control and limit how much I munch on... *grin*

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So stinkin' cute!!