Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Three birds with one stone...

...or not...

I have been talking with my sister about cookie bouquets and decided I wanted to try to make some and see if I enjoy it or if they're too time-consuming and such. I also have a sweet friend that was due to have her baby any day and I wanted to make her some cookies to celebrate in the hospital. And (yes, it keeps going...) I wanted to try to make these cute faces from Sweet SugarBelle.

So, what did I do? I decided to combine all three into one! Did I think that one through all the way? I don't think I did... Because... What did I get?

Adorable little baby heads on a stick. On a stick. Baby heads. Oops...


I also made these cute baby rattles. Rattles on a stick are okay. Nothing weird about that.


And then, because the adorable crying baby was my favorite, I put her in the front when I arranged the bouquet.


And, that was just not the best idea.

I had a few extras and gave one to my mom and she found it quite humorous. It reminded her of another time when I had a good idea that went bad...

I did give the bouquet to my friend, although I didn't get it finished in time to take it to her at the hospital, because she delivered so quickly and was back home before the icing had finished hardening. Yeah, not fair. But, I apologized for the not-so-well thought through bouquet and she just laughed.

So, I leart a few things whilst making this bouquet.

First, making a cookie bouquet is very time-consuming, but does look very pretty when finished.

Second, perhaps baby-celebrating cookies should be placed on plates.

And, third, I will *never* be as good at decorating cookies as SugarBelle!! But, that's okay. She's just really, really good!

It was a good trial-and-error process.

And, for the record, the head on a stick was very, very tasty!

2 comments:

Mer said...

I think you have 30 hours in your day instead of 24...seriously:) So cute!

Josie said...

I agree with Merideth...lol...but it makes me hungry for cookies looking at all of your creations. You're so talented!!