Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cupcake Cookies

I know, I know, more cookies! But, I'm having so much fun making and decorating them that I just can't stop! Unfortunately, I made these cookies with no particular plan of getting rid of them and I have eaten more than is probably legal.

I was inspired by the color combo on a cupcake wrapper I saw and decided to make cupcake cookies. I wanted something kind of whimsical, so the frosting is "swoopy".

The whole batch drying.


Finished drying.


Nice and thick and, finally, not too brown on the bottom. Perfect!


I managed to run out of white icing, but had extra red (when will I figure out how much of each color that I really need?!), so I changed up the color combos a little. I really, really like the brightness of the red with the turquoise.


When I first mixed the frostings, I was trying to make a hot pink and ended up with this purple. Yeah, still learning... When I ran out of red, I hated to just use turquoise or not frost the remaining cookies, so I used the weird purple. And I ended up loving it! It's different, but I like it.


Our neighbors across the street are pregnant (well, the wife is) and they just found out the sex of their baby. We haven't seen them to find out if they're having a girl or a boy, so I wrapped up some purple and turquoise and some turquoise and white and included a little note to say congratulations and that we can't wait to find out if they are shopping for purple or blue. Is it legal to leave it in their mailbox after the mail has been delivered?

Neither Russ nor Rand like real cupcakes, so they decided that these are the perfect "cupcakes".

1 comments:

randi frazier anderson said...

Oohhh...these are my favorites. :)