Friday, February 04, 2011

Cookie Sweetness

I have discovered a whole new world. It's addicting. I discovered iced sugar cookies. I have seen iced sugar cookies and thought it would be neat to be able to make them, but that was where the thought stopped.

Then one day, the Pioneer Woman had a post about having guests over to make decorated sugar cookies with Bridget from Bake at 350. I was hooked! The decorating/icing part is like coloring in a stamped image when I make cards and, of course, eating cookies... Well, let's just say it was like having my cookies and eating them, too.

I was helping to host a baby shower for my sweet friend, Merrisa, so I signed up to bring cookies and decided to learn. My first efforts were less than stellar and, believe it or not, I can't find the pictures! Really!

My second try, I used a different frosting and cookie recipe and they were a little better. Nevermind that they were supposed to be pastel...

Lots of princess shoes and crowns




Baby buggie practice--outline or no outline? Same color or different? I'm still undecided...


White or no white?


Birds! I love birds! Again, practicing with same color and outlines and such.


Nice thick cookies! Unfortunately, I overcooked them and they were too hard. The dough, however, was absolutely delicious!


And, finally, onesies! The polka dot is a favorite in color combination and I just love dots.


A practice at outlining.


I obviously need more practice, but I'm having SO much fun! I sometimes have a hard time getting to sleep because I'm thinking of different cookies I could make for different occasions. I know, I'm a dork.

So, be warned, if you invite me to help host a shower or to a birthday party, I might just show up with cookies. I can't seem to help myself! And, if I'm going to hang on to these last few baby pounds, then you're going down with me!

4 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Jaime,

Those are fabulous. I am not kidding. You need to sell them for parties and such. You are blessed with incredible talents.

Piano mom said...

The one's you brought for the shower were awesome. I enjoyed the take home one immensely. If they were at my house, they would not last long. I need to get your recipe, I would like to learn to make them and use them for T's 13th bday this summer. Please help.

Sylvia said...

Jaime, their gorgeous! Now I want to try :)

Unknown said...

LOVE THEM, too cute!! You are so talented and creative!