Yesterday was my due date, but I was pretty sure it would pass without any excitement. It did. Tomorrow I'm scheduled to go in at 5 am to be induced. I'm not looking forward to that, but I am very much looking forward to meeting this little guy.
This has been such a good pregnancy and I thank God for that. A friend called this morning and asked how I was feeling and I said, "Well, unfortunately, I'm feeling great." I wish I were feeling contractions or other pains to signal a baby coming on his own, but I'm not. I am, however, thankful that I feel great. The swelling in my ankles has gone way down and often is non-existent--thank you, Jesus! The heartburn isn't fun, but it's not miserable. I'm not sleeping great and turning from one side to the other takes way too much effort, but that's normal at this point, I know. Basically, I think I could go another week or two and be just fine. I remember with both boys feeling like I was "so ready" at this point. But, I have a lot of energy and feel very relaxed.
I'll probably need that energy for the labor ahead, too. My doctor said that I am not dialated any more than I was last week and I'm not effaced at all. Basically, my body is not ready to go into labor. I asked her if we should wait another week or so (like we did with Russ and Rand) and she said she didn't think I would be any more ready in a week. When I went in to be induced with Randall, I wasn't dialated or effaced, either. Maybe 50% effaced, I can't remember.
So, she said we can pretty much expect the same kind of labor with this one as I had with the other two. That means pitocin and many hours of waiting.
But, since this pregnancy has been so good and I exercised for so much of it, maybe it'll go quicker. Maybe. We'll see.
But, it doesn't matter either way. God is in control and He'll give me the strength to make it through. All that matters is that we have a healthy baby boy. The rest will pass.
I'm thankful for family and friends and for the chance to get to experience this exciting time with all of you!
Tonight, we're going out to dinner with my family to celebrate Judson's coming. I'm going to try really hard not to pig out on Butcher Shop burgers and fries, but I can't make any promises.

1 comments:
Butcher Shop...the last place I saw you!! Hope all is well with the new addition!!
Post a Comment