Saturday, June 12, 2010

Purple Passion

I thought the title was appropriate since I'm wearing a purple shirt and the other is what got us into this mess to begin with... Just kidding! I'm happy to be barefoot and pregnant and very glad to be in my 2nd trimester.


I am just under 18 weeks along (right at 4 months) and had to pull out some maternity pants today. I can still wear my regular pants with the amazing, wonderful, inventive belly bands, but it's not as comfortable. I was going to post an image so you can see what a belly band is, but decided that maybe not everyone cares to know what they are or see what they look like. Lady Readers, if you are going to have a baby and you don't know what a belly band is, google "maternity belly bands" and click on images. They're awesome and very inexpensive!

I'm feeling wonderful little baby kicks on a pretty regular basis now. Slade even got to feel "the bean" kick the other day. Both boys are excited to get to feel him/her, too. Unfortunately, I usually feel the kicks in the evening when they're already in bed. They talk about the baby a lot and Randall will randomly come up to me and say, "Hi, Baby!" to my tummy.

The other day at VBS, I got hit square in the stomach by a rubber ball and Randall turned around right away and put his hand on my stomach and said, "Did that hurt our baby?" It was fun to tell him that the baby is well protected and is floating and swimming happily.

I'm feeling great, no nausea or headaches, and aside from being hot (like everyone else, pregnant or not), I'm enjoying this stage. We get to find out on June 30th whether we're going to be dealing with snips and snails and puppy dog tails or sugar and spice and everything nice. I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Janette said...

Your opening sentence seriously made me laugh out loud!! I will be investing in belly bands soon, I do believe. :) I love that it's a great way to extend the life of your own clothes before having to do the whole maternity thing.

Unknown said...

Jaime you look so cute!

The Mitchell Family said...

You're adorable.