There will be a wall to divide it into two rooms--one small one, no air, for the lawn mower and other dusty, dirty stuff and the other bigger one for craft stuff and regular storage. We'll have two separate entrances to hopefully keep the dust and bugs out of the craft area.
In the big room, there will be loft space for storing Christmas decorations, camping gear, etc. I'm going to go through and throw out what we don't need and put everything we want to keep in stackable bins that I can label on the outside. That will be a big chore, but I know we'll be so pleased with the results.
Here's the beginning of my organizing.

Imagine about 40 more boxes or so and that's what our back porch will look like while I organize and then while the company builds the shed.
We will be running electricity to the shed so we can keep it heated and cooled and have light inside. We'll also be insulating and sheet rocking it. My dad has offered to help and I hope it doesn't end up being too big of a job for him and Slade. Lots of details--where to put plugs and light fixtures, etc.
After looking around, we've decided to go with a Tuff Shed, barn style. They will tear down our old shed and haul it away for us and then build the new one right in our backyard. It shouldn't take more than a weekend.
I'm so happy that we are making decisions and progress so that it doesn't all pile up at the end of the pregnancy. We'll start everything after we get back from our vacation in July. I can't wait!

1 comments:
SOUNDS FUN...
Post a Comment