I think I'll just do a quick recap of the last few weeks and then try to get back on track.
* Had my sonogram and found out that we're having a peanut. An alien peanut. And only one alien peanut. I meant to upload my sonogram pictures to FB, but after I scanned them, I couldn't find them and I was too lazy to do it again... But, I have now found them!

Cute little alien peanut, don't you think?
* Met with my doctor a week later, had a great appointment and a great chat with her, and she confirmed that my due date is November 16th. Which, basically, means that a week or two later, we ought to have a baby. Pitocin is not my friend.
* Had a garage sale over a month ago and then took leftovers to a friend's for another one. Made lots of money and yet still came home with junk. How'd that happen?
* Went strawberry picking and got lots and lots of strawberries! Made lots of yummy stuff! Post coming someday.
* Went to my nieces' (Julia and Ally) dance recital, oohed and aahed over all the cute little girls, got teary-eyed watching my nieces and then thanked God that I only have boys.
* Had a decorator friend from church, Jennie, of Ooh La La! Decorating, come over to give me some tips on making my livingroom arrangement look intentional and not accidental. *grin* She had lots of great ideas! Here are a few of her ideas:
Starting with the wall that the front door is on. I got the personalized name sign pictures from DeSIGNS by Rene'. She had all our first names and even our last name!

Next, the bookshelves along the hallway wall. I'm going to get the "Rinehart" thing rematted so it matches the room colors better.

Piano area next to the bookshelves. Russ was practicing piano and Jennie (not the one that helped me decorate, although their names are spelled the same way *grin*) was listening.

Then our new TV and entertainment center and the random window seat-like thing.

And, last, the arrangement on top of the computer desk.

I have a wall that I will be putting my cross collection on once I find it in the storage shed out back. We took them down when we had our house listed so everything looked less cluttered and now I can't find them... Once I finish everything, I'll take a whole livingroom picture.
* Then a field trip to Sci-Port with Randall (had to miss my last MOPS meeting--bummer!), a field trip to the Tyler Zoo with Russell and Russell's field day. Whew! Busy week! Separate posts coming.
* Tonight is Share Night at BSF and my last night in the evening class. I've decided to switch to the day class because I can bring the baby with me and not have to worry about leaving him/her home with Slade on Monday evenings when he needs to be doing school work.
And, now we're caught up. Posts with more pictures coming soon!!

7 comments:
The Akin's declare your alien peanut adorable!!!
Precious pictures of your little alien peanut!!
I can't believe you described your sono picture the other night as not really being able to see anything!! That actually looks like a baby! :) My first sono pic with Karys looked like a grain of rice...no lie! At least yours has a head and a body!! :)
Love the "peanut"!!
Your sonogram is so exciting!!! Baby's first photos.
Thanks, guys!
Janette, well, when we were in the room, we could see arms and legs, but in the pictures he/she looks like there's *just* a head and a body. That's why I said they weren't very good. :-)
What a great-looking alien peanut. :) Praying for a healthy baby.
Post a Comment