Monday, June 01, 2009

It's a tough job...

...but someone's gotta do it. Shop, that is!

Whew, I have a busy day and I really ought to get it started, but I wanted to post a few good deals I found this weekend that I plan on using today.

First, I'm headed off to JCPenney to use a $10 off a $25 purchase coupon. I have a $25 gift card for JCPenney that I received from MyPoints. So, basically, I get $35 worth of clothing for free. And, of course, I plan on taking advantage of the 60% off sale they have going on right now, so I'll get more than $35 worth of clothing. Whoo hoo!

MyPoints is a company (I guess that's what it is?) that sends out e-mails and you get points for clicking to go to their advertisers' websites and then you get points if you purchase anything. I rarely purchase anything, unless it was something I was already planning to buy from that company (business cards, etc), and the points slowly add up. If you want to do MyPoints, let me know and I'll "refer" you. I think you get more start up points that way.

Then, while I'm at the mall, I'll break my rule of avoiding Victoria's Secret at all costs (I HATE that store because I think they have their models in provocative poses--there's a difference between Hanes Her Way selling unmentionables and VS selling them...) to use this coupon for free panties, no purchase necessary. See, I'm not supporting them, I'm taking advantage of them. There's a difference, right?

Then, I'm off to Wal-Mart and maybe CVS and Walgreens. We'll see if we make it past Walmart. It's a lot to ask of two hooligans, er, I mean, sweet boys.

Just wanted to share my discoveries for anyone interested. The JCPenney coupons expires tomorrow and the VS one is for today only, first 100 customers. Both coupons have to be printed out.

Good luck. May the force be with you.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Ooh I bet the panties are all gone by now. Harper's not home though so I would have had the kids with me. I don't even let them see that store if we have to walk by. There are certain parts of the mall where they can only look at their feet. =) We have VS and Frederick's. =\ Fortunately, they are on the same floor on the same half of the mall so we just pretty much don't go to any stores in that section.

But if I had known earlier and Harper had been around...I would totally take advantage of them too. =)

Janette said...

I understand your problem with VS...however, they make absolutely the best underwear EVER!! Their "PINK" line is my favorite...the elastic doesn't cut into you like other brands. :)