Thursday, April 23, 2009

Let's go shopping!

This morning, Randall was bummed because his favorite cereal, Cheerios, were all gone. He said there weren't any cereals he liked for breakfast. Wa-a-ah.

I asked if he would like regular Cheerios or Honey Nut. He kinda looked at me strangely. I headed off to the guest room (to my stash) and heard Slade say, "Mommy's just going to run to the store real quick." So, I made car noises and screeched myself to a stop at the closet in the guest room.

The boys were very curious and ran after me.

Because of my sale shopping, coupon matching, internet coupons and such, I have a great stash of breakfast cereals, many that I bought for less than $1. I also have chips and granola bars and a few other food items that I know we will eat and I was able to get them for very inexpensive. The other day I bought French's mustard, originally $1.25 for $0.28. It was on sale somewhere for $0.78 and I had a $0.50 off coupon.


The kids haven't paid very close attention, I guess, to my little secret pantry because they thought it was great. Randall even did a little dance because he was so excited to have Cheerios when he thought all hope was lost.

I'm getting to where I don't have to spend as much time reading blogs, cutting coupons, and such because I'm getting a feel for what we will buy and what a good price is. It's getting fun!

This week, at Walgreens, I got 4 boxes of Post Trail Mix Crunch (in the small boxes like Grape Nuts), regularly about $3.50 each (well, more like $4.50 if I bought them at Walgreens) and I got them ALL for .50.


No kidding! They were on sale 2/$5. That would make them $10 total. But, I had 3 coupons for $2/1, so that took off $6, making them $4, which would have been a great price--$1 each. However, I also had $3.50 in Register Rewards from last week, making my grand total $.50. It was all the cash I had on me. *grin* Glad I didn't have to use the credit card for that!

It's so fun to go "shopping" and not have to leave the house!

2 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Hey! Did you get a coupon from CVS in your email? It was for an extra $4 in reward bucks when you spend $20. But I don't like to spend $20! LOL

The Mitchell Family said...

That's fanastic. I'm just beginning to understand the coupon thing! You're a master :)