Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Interview with a Five and Seven Year Old

This note has been circulating on Facebook for a while now and I finally remembered to corner (I mean, catch) the boys separately so I could interview them. Their answers made me laugh.

1. What is something mom always says to you?
Randall: I love you.
Russell: I love you.

2. What makes mom happy?
Randall: When I obey you.
Russell: When we hug you.

3. What makes mom sad?
Randall: When I disobey.
Russell: When we disobey.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Randall: When you tell me funny jokes.
Russell: Tickling us.

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Randall: You liked to play.
Russell: mean to your sisters (he's heard stories...) :-) *said with a devious grin*

6. How old is your mom?
Randall: I don't know how old you are!
Russell: 28?...ish? Are you 28 or are you 29?

7. How tall is your mom?
Randall: 15 feet?
Russell: 5'6"?

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Randall: play on the computer
Russell: You like to do laundry, don't you?

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Randall: clean the house
Russell: You vacume?

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Randall: cleaning the house
Russell: Having two kids.

11. What is your mom really good at?
Randall: uh, playing the robot game on the computer (AstroPop)
Russell: cleaning the house

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Randall: playing with boyish toys
Russell: wrestling

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Randall: I don't know. Nothing?
Russell: clean the house

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Randall: chicken salad
Russell: pizza?

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Randall: that you play with me sometimes
Russell: you're my mom!

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Randall: a girl cartoon character.
Russell: Wonder Woman

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Randall: fold towels
Russell: ride bikes

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Randall: We aren't! No one is! (We had a discussion in our family quiet time about how God made each one of us different and I think he thought this was a trick question)
Russell: we're both family

19. How are you and your mom different?
Randall: Cause God made us different!
Russell: We're not the same person!

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Randall: Cause you tell me! That one's easy! (So sweet!)
Russell: Because you always say it! (So sweet, too!)

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
Randall: That we all play together.
Russell: You love him.

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Randall: To Michael's. (Actually, I prefer Hobby Lobby, but I do like Michael's, too!)
Russell: oooohhh, Baskin-Robbins! (he hit the nail on the head!)

I happened to ask Randall the questions first, so I'll put his picture first.



5 comments:

Mommy Lion said...

okay love it! You must be one awesome house cleaner! *wink* I say this now before I've asked my kids about myself! *smile*

Ariana said...

Hmmm. Maybe it's time to show them what you REALLY do when they aren't around. Wouldn't want those boys to grow up thinking their wife 'loves to clean house!' I know that's not your favorite thing. :)

ma P said...

This should be engraved in stone. It's so precious. And it's quite a testimony to a godly mom.
what a blessing!

that Russell will make one fabulous husband some day. He really is tuned in to you.

thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

Love their answers - almost makes me jealous Itty Bit isn't old enough to answer! Though, I might just be glad he isn't yet :)

Have a great one!

Josie said...

Love their answers you must be one cleaning fool!!.lol..