Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Smattering of Happenings

I'm playing catch up here as I post happenings from the last few weeks in no particular order.

1. We went to Shreveport to spend a gift card (from my mom last year for Christmas) for Monjuni's, my all-time favorite restaurant. We decided to make a mini vacation out of the trip and spent the night at a hotel, shopped all day at the Boardwalk, watched Bolt at the Boardwalk theatre and then ate dinner at Monjuni's.

We planned to meet our friends, the Simcoxes, there and then got a fun surprise when we ran into our other friends, the Hampers. We couldn't have planned it better. We all walked around and shopped, ate lunch, and then headed our separate ways in the afternoon.

The Boardwalk was beautifully decorated for Christmas.


What a great photo op, right? Well...




Waiting for the hubbies to do some shopping at the Nike shop.


Everyone's smiling and laughing, let's take a group photo, right? Poor Audrey, she's the only one that looks normal.


The whole crew:


I thought this one was cute of Randall. It's a good thing I got this cute one because otherwise you might think he always looked like he does in the other pictures...


Practicing their aim at the Pro Bass Shop.


Enjoying (I think) the ride on the trolley. We had one heckuva time catching the trolley!


On the way home, I called my sister (who had been in Florida for the week) just to chat and happened to mention that we were on our way home from Shreveport. She said they were on their way back to Texas from Florida and they were just leaving Shreveport, too. Turns out, we were within minutes of each other and we got to wave at them (although Josh and Julia were sleeping from the long, tiring drive) as they passed us. We couldn't have planned that better, either! We got a good laugh about that!

2. Our new appliances are finally installed (except for the microwave which is waiting on the new countertops) and the boys had a blast playing in the box that the dishwasher came in. They colored on it, climbed in it, tipped it over, hit under it and more!






3. We've had some issues to deal with, mainly fighting and speaking unkindly (aka yelling at the top of their lungs) to each other.

One day, I was so tired of it, I sent both kids outside. I didn't realize it was raining until the boys came back in. When I asked why they were back inside, they said, "We were just getting our hoodies. It's raining." I told them they could just go in the garage. I was that fed up with the arguing. Luckily, they enjoyed the light drizzle and the cold outdoor weather.


As you can see, Russell has had to write sentences recently. That seemed to really help him improve his attitude. He was more sincere when he apologized after writing the sentences. He was instructed to use his best handwriting and think about how he was supposed to speak to Randall as he wrote.

He wrote beautifully (he didn't realize he had copied 'kindly' until the very end) and even seemed proud of his sentences. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?


I'll save Thanksgiving and Christmas programs/parties for another post.

Whew, we've been busy!

1 comments:

Janette said...

Where are the pictures of these new appliances??? :)