We had a great time and so did the kids! We had Randall, Josh, Julia and Ally. My mom gave each kiddo a ziplock bag with $2 or $3 in quarters so they could be on the look out for treasures and we headed out.
We went to about 8 or so garage sales and just had a good time. My mom didn't buy as much as I did, but she was still happy with her purchases.
And I was very pleased with my finds!
The whole kit and kaboodle:

I found brown sandals, perfect condition, for a buck. An ornament hanging thingy that I can use when I want to take pictures of things for my etsy shop that need to hang (handmade ornaments, etc). A roll of crochet thread that I use when I make hanging tags for gifts. And two battleship games, one big one and one for travel.
More in detail:
I got this pretty wooden dresser at one of the early sales for $5! And it's in mint condition! The drawers are super long and will hold... well, I haven't exactly decided what they will hold yet. Any advice?

I also found these two holiday containers. The top one is glass with a clear lid. It will be perfect for Halloween candies to give to a teacher next year. It is in brand new condition. I paid $0.25 for it! The bottom one is plastic and has poinsettias around it. Perfect for taking Christmas cookies to all those Christmas parties that I know are just around the corner. I think it was also twenty-five cents.

Last is one of my favorite finds--a huge stack of practically new condition Golden Books. Unfortunately, they were fifty cents each and the lady wasn't budging. I decided it was worth it because I want to use them to make these journals I've seen all over the web. I have the binding machine and all. They are really in such good condition that I probably got them for a good price.

So, all in all, a great trip! Everyone came back to my house for egg salad sandwiches (my mom and me) and chicken nuggets (the non-egg eaters...).
It was a fun, impromptu trip and I'm glad we were free to do it!

4 comments:
Oh, I love finding old furniture. Not the overpriced old 'antiques' but real live old used furniture. Well played.
Don't you love it when you find such great deals. I hit one sale on Friday and got a steal on some bedroom furniture. FUN FUN!!!
So glad you described your loot, I was worried you had purchased a roll of toliet paper! LOL!
Some day I should really learn the art of garage sales . . .
This was such fun to read. I loved seeing what you found.
did the kids find some treasure, too?
You could use the little chest for stamps, paper clips, pens, markers, or maybe in the bathroom for hair clips, toothbrushes, toothpaste,
or knee-hi hose, or in the kitchen, measuring spoons, tea bags, toothpicks,
Post a Comment