I do, however, like good deals. And, sometimes you can find a deal too good to pass up, even if you have to get out on Black Friday.
I mentioned a while back that I was saving up my money I make from my craft shows to buy a refrigerator. Well, with my craft show money and the money I make for working in the nursery at church (I put that in a spot in our budget each month and it just sits there and builds little by little), I had enough for this set from Lowe's:

It's the stainless steel look-alike. Not real stainless steel, so we won't have to worry about fingerprints and such. I had actually wanted a black refrigerator, but this was too good of a deal to pass up!
Not only will I get a refrigerator, but a dishwasher, a stove and an over-the-stove microwave. I didn't "need" any of them, really even including the fridge. But, none of our appliances match and I just planned to slowly replace them as we had the extra money. Then this deal came along and Slade and I agreed that it was worth the extra for the other appliances. Plus, I had exactly the amount needed in my scrapbooking fund!
So, this morning, we headed to Lowe's and ordered them. They will be delivered to us on Wednesday! I'll be listing our other appliances either on Cheapcycle or Craig's List, I haven't decided which, so it's like getting a bit of a rebate there, too.
I'm very excited! In December, when Slade doesn't have any classes to worry about, we're going to do some remodeling in the kitchen. I'll be painting the cabinets white and replacing hardware (I already bought the handles and knobs when the style I liked was being discontinued and they were super discounted) and then we'll get new countertops and have the floor tiled. It's going to look like a new kitchen! We had talked about putting the house on the market again in a few months, but since we just really didn't find what we wanted when we looked before, we've decided to stay here, enjoy our crazy low house payment and just continue to put as much into seminary savings as we can. I think this will be the wisest course of action. And, having the kitchen all spiffy looking will make the time here all the more fun!
So, it'll be in increments over the next month. I'll try to remember to take pictures so I can post before, during and after.
For once, I'm thankful for Black Friday!

4 comments:
Niiiice! I'm sure this will make kitchen chores much less chore-ish :)
How cool. I love a good deal.
Great find!
That's the exact set we put in our home. You'll like it and the fingerprints aren't as bad as we feared they'd be. But then again, we don't have grubby handed little boys (other than me) running around. :)
Post a Comment