Monday, October 13, 2008

Slowing Down

Last night, while the boys were at AWANA, I got to cleaning! I was in the mood to get this place back in shape. I know, a strange use of free time, but I was ready!

So, I got the bathrooms cleaned, dusted the house, and even sat and chatted with Slade. Then once we got the boys in bed, we watched a movie. I did a tiny bit of scrapbooking, but then just sat up with Slade on the couch. Slade got everything from our old computer loaded onto our new one and it's such a relief to have that all back!

Today, I've vacumed the picked up rooms and hallway, started laundry, started the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen and organized the computer desk. Whew! All I have left is to finish laundry, vacume the livingroom and sweep the kitchen (mopping can wait).

I also should update the budget since I haven't done that in over a week!

I've also unpacked the van from the craft show (check out my scrapbooking blog to see how it went) and have gotten it all organized and put away. I have a few custom orders to work on and that's it for a few days (until I get my order of magnets in). So, I look forward to enjoying some down time!

That might sound like a lot, but it really goes quickly. Randall has been "making cards" for everyone he can think of and asking how to spell everything. He's having a blast cutting, coloring and planning. Now he's cutting strips of paper into "money". When I asked what he was going to buy with all that money, he reminded me, "It's only pretend, I can't really buy anything with it."

Thank you to everyone for your encouragement and sympathy. I really appreciate it!

I'm gonna make it.

1 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

are you still planning on bringing some stuff to sell at the mother's league trunk show, november 6th? just wanna make sure i get you on the list.