Saturday, October 25, 2008

A good day

Today was a good day. I like it when I can say that at the end of the day. Or at 8:42ish.

Last night the boys were up late because we celebrated a Spooky Family Night (pictures coming later) with my sister and her family. The rest of our clan wasn't able to make it, so we'll have a family night with everyone another time.

Russell told us he planned to sleep in this morning since he was going to bed late... Yeah, that didn't really happen. Unless you call 6:45 sleeping in... and I don't. *grin*

We enjoyed an easy morning of lounging around and Tom & Jerry cartoons. Then I left for an open house craft show that was from 10-2.

The open house went great! I loved that it was only 4 hours. There was a lot of traffic and very few slow times since everyone knew that if they wanted to come, they had to come during those 4 hours.

It was a very successful show and I'm pretty much officially out of refrigerator scrapbooks! I sold almost all of my stash at the Christmas Corner a few weekends ago and then worked like a crazy woman to replenish my stock for today's show. I even used up all my metal tins! I still took custom orders but warned everyone that I am waiting on my order of tins and it could be about 2 weeks or so. Thankfully, no one seemed to mind. I began the craft show with 31 tins and finished with 8 left. Whoo hoo!

I also sold quite a few paper bag scrapbooks and magnet sets. It was just a good show all the way around!

Then I packed up and headed home. Slade and the boys were at Best Buy getting something or another for the computer so I didn't feel rushed or like I was missing anything as I unpacked from the show.

This evening was Small Group and we enjoyed a lively discussion on predestination and election. Bible scholars and theologians have been debating this for years. We only gave it about 35-40 minutes. *grin* We had a good group and a good time of discussion and then enjoyed cookies afterward to break the tension. *grin*

Now Slade is working on his Greek homework (yes, it's Greek to me, too!) and I'm not in the mood to scrapbook so I'm going to edit some pictures and maybe even post some before I call it a night and head to bed.

All in all, it's been a good day! I like it when I can say that.

1 comments:

Ruth said...

Thanks for saying such sweet things about me at your craft show. It's an amazing feeling to know that someone is talking good about you behind your back. You really made me feel special.

And I'm proud to be the mom of such a talented daughter. And such a nice one too!

I love you, Mom