Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Two Flip-Flop Kinda Days

Yesterday and today were flip-flop days for me.

Yesterday was the first MOPS day of the year and, for the first time in over 6 years of attending MOPS, I was on the Steering Team. Then, today was the first day of BSF, and for the first time in 3 years as a Children's Leader, I was not in leadership. It was weird. Good, because I know this is where God wants me right now, but still a little weird.

MOPS yesterday went wonderfully! We had 27 moms (Steering Team included in that head count) and 6 wonderful Mentor Moms. The morning went smoothly and everyone seemed to have fun! We want it to be fun enough that moms make it a priority, but also encouraging and a place where they can relax and grow so that, hopefully, they can see their growth as moms.

It was very different being in leadership and knowing what was coming next. It took some of the thrill out of it. :-) But, I think that it will just take time for me to get adjusted to this position of being in on the planning and such. We had some great prizes to give away and there seemed to be a lot of excitement about the year. I'm looking forward to seeing all God has in store for us this year.

BSF went great, too. I am so looking forward to having the homework to do each week to help me reguarly study the Bible. I do so much better when I have some direction (whether with BSF or through some other kind of study). I knew about half of the ladies in my group and my discussion leader was so sweet and honest and real.

I missed the excitement of waiting to see which kids will be in your class and how you and your new co-leader will gel together. I missed staying after for lecture and the chatting and laughing that is always present during that time.

But, I know that I am where God wants me. I am in a different chapter this year and it might take some time to get used to it, but I'm looking forward to all God has in store.

Anyone else feeling a little flip flopped this year?

2 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

I don't know if flip-flopped is the word but when everyone else is getting ready to enjoy the "relaxation" ( I put that in parenthesis because I know it's not relaxing) of sending their kids to school, I am gearing up to really work. I look so forward to summer (or at least 2 months of it) because there are no lesson plans, I don't have to get up, I do not have to fix a healthy meal, and I can just be mom. I do not have to be teacher Aimee.

Rebecca said...

I agree with you! I have felt floped out of place...so to speak. But it is good to be in a new position to appreciate the roles that others fill.